This Policy contains important information about your personal rights to privacy. Please read it carefully to understand how we use your personal data. We may update this Policy from time to time without notice to you, so please check it regularly.
1. Personal data will be used for the purposes specified in this Policy:
We will hold your name and contact details, including address, mobile/telephone number and email address, and social media identity.
We may use your personal information to:
- Enable you to use and and/or all of the services we offer;
- Send you information about our work and any other information, products or services that we provide;
- Provide you with the services, products or information you have requested;
- Handle the administration of any donation or other payment you make via credit/debit card, cheque, standing order or BACS transfer;
- Collect payments from you and send statements and/or receipts to you;
- Handle the administration of your employment and/or volunteering application;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to us.
- We keep your personal data in an identifiable form for as long as we have a legitimate reason to use the data and as required by law. If you claim Gift Aid on a donation you make, we are required by HMRC to keep data related to your donation for six years after the tax year in which the donation was made.
2. Security of and access to your personal data:
Your personal information is only accessible by Deaf Muslim UK.
Otherwise than as set out in this Policy, we will only ever share your data with your informed consent.
We endeavour to ensure that there are appropriate and proportionate technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, destruction, misuse, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or of access to your personal information.
3. Updating information:
You can check the personal data we hold about you, and ask us to update it where necessary, by emailing us at email@example.com
4. Communications, fundraising and marketing:
Where you have provided us with your address, mobile/telephone and email, with targeted communications to let you know about our events and/or activities that we consider may be of particular interest; about the work of Deaf Muslim UK; and to ask for donations or other support.
We will ask for your consent to use your information to send you electronic communications such as newsletters and marketing and fundraising emails, for targeted publicising, and if you ever share sensitive personal information with us.
6. Third party websites:
We link our website directly to other sites. This Policy does not cover external websites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any external websites you visit via links on our website.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit/debit card numbers), email address, and phone number. Local Muslims strictly does not store any credit/debit card details. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
8. Other disclosures:
We may disclose your data to our affiliated organisations and subsidiaries, and to service providers who render services to us or you on our behalf (all of which are contractually obligated to act only on our instructions and in accordance with applicable laws, including General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
We also may disclose your information if required by law, requested by law enforcement authorities or to enforce our legal rights, such as pursuant to a subpoena or to HMRC when you claim Gift Aid.
9. Your Data Protection Rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a ‘subject access request’). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. If you believe our records of your personal information are inaccurate, you have the right to ask for those records to be updated.
- Request erasure of your personal information. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information from our records anytime you want.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. You have the right to ask for processing of your personal data to be restricted if there is disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
- Withdraw consent. Where we rely on your consent to use your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
You are further entitled to make a complaint about us or the way we have processed your data to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). For further information on how to exercise this right, please see the guidance at https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
11. Queries or concerns:
Please let us know if you have any queries or concerns whatsoever about the way in which your data is being processed by either emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the following address:
Deaf Muslim UK,
Markfield Conference Centre,
Last updated: 15/03/2021